The new update to Chrome is horrible and has turned a great browser into an extremely slow beast so I imagine there are many people who want to get rid of Google’s accident and go back to the good New Tab page. Here’s how:
- In Chrome, type ‘about:flags’ into web address bar and press enter.
- Then ctrl+f (search page) for ‘Enable Instant Extended API’.
- Change the drop down box to Disabled.
- A relaunch now button will appear, click that.
- Then shazam! Old new tab page is back :)
This is a copy paste from Yahoo Answers and all credit goes to that user. I’m re-hosting in the hopes that it helps more people overcome this problem.